(Gacked from an e-mail I sent to a friend. Because I’m lazy, and it explains things well enough.)
Okay, decided to go with the red Amana fridge:
1) Because it’s red, and how many folks out there have a red fridge? Yeah.
2) Because it’s a couple hundred dollars cheaper, so I can buy a flatscreen without feeling too much money-spending guilt. (Yeah, I’m not super-worried about the cost diff, but since I like ’em both a lot that’s a plus)
3) Because Home Depot does free shipping, and
4) Because I could do it all via the interwebs, rather than schlepping my exhausted tuchas around in the hopes that maybe the other fridge is still there at the scratch-n-dent.
5) Because the sale on that fridge ends 1/6, so it’s kinda like kismet. Of the fridge persuasion.