This was one of those “EVERYTHING happens” weekends, y’know? The type of weekend that has so many things going on that it’s impossible to do it all. To name a few:
* BARCStoberfest, the year’s biggest charity event for BARCS shelter. (And yes, I know I’m using shelter at the end, even though the last letter of the BARCS acronym is shelter. Roll with me on this, I’m tired and lazy.)
* The 11th Annual Pigtown “All New, All Que” Festival, a fest near & dear to my heart.
* A friend’s 2nd Anniversary of the start of her Baltimore Newbies group (which, as you’d expect, is how I met her.)
* Another friend’s Halloween party, which is annual and awesome.
* A high school reunion (it’s not my year, but in my HS if you were in school any time when said celebratory year graduated? You’re invited.) Plus the always awesome pre-party.
* Pigtown After Dark, a post-Fest music shindig at Mobtown Ballroom (love that place; swing dance & burlesque in my hood!) Much love & cupcakes to the awesome John Lam (prez of Pigtown Mainstreet) for offering me free admission so I could just pop in…even though I face-planted onto the sofa late that afternoon &never made it back out.
* Acoustic Night at Tommy’s Downtown Tavern, my absolute favorite place to hang in my hood. (Café Jovial & Tasty Creations tie for the 2nd spot)
* Friends from my ol’ meet group in from Pittsburgh, ergo tons of bar crawls, dinners & brunch-like activities.
Aaaand lots more that I’ve forgotten.
Needless to say, I am
one step away from yelling at kids to get off my non-existent lawn trying to keep balance in my life, so I picked a small handful. A year or two ago I’d have gone to everything. Even with my winnowing of the stuff, I was so pooped I only went to two things.
See, in all their radiant splendor, BARCStoberfest & Pigtown Fest!
This year was the first time there was a Ready Set Sniff 5k. Great crowd!
TONS of great costumes for the puppies. This one is a personal favorite. Ch-ch-ch-Chia!
She got adopted in the first hour! Yayz! (Bonus: her new humans took her out of the pumpkin outfit, which probably made them Her Perfect Humans.)
Meanwhile, Poe was partying in Pigtown. As were a ton of other folks.
With all of my playing around with the BARCS pups, er, volunteering that morning, I missed the pie & the bbq eating contests. (Did have a slice of the Baltimore Bomb from Dangerously Delicious Pies: a custard pie w/Berger cookies mixed in. ZOMG.) Luckily I managed to make a Squeakness race. That’s Ba-Rack-O-Ribs Obama winning. Hope that’s foreshadowing….
And one last shot that sums up the fun we all have every year at the Pigtown Fest.
Cut print, it’s a wrap. Happy Sunday!