Okay, I thought and thought…then I cribbed a list from an email from RA Sushi (another resolution – hit their Happy Hour.) I tweaked their list a bit by adding my own spin on the descriptions, and I’ve added one that’s all me. Because I’m like that. And that’s the way it is.
This year, I plan to:
1. Get healthy – which means hitting the gym every day, Monday-Friday. I used to do that. I need to do it again.
2. Spend time with family and friends – moving away from the DC area has definitely taken a toll on how often I see the people I care about. And I miss ’em. Simply thinking about them every day – which I do – doesn’t cut it. I need to see them – see them. Yes.
3. Enjoy life – more relaxing, reading and generally nerdy stuff, less running around for no purpose. Make it so.
4. Get out of debt – take that, you horrible 2013! Thought you’d pushed me to the breaking point? I say Hah!
5. Learn something new – more Gem Cutters Guild classes. This year? Forging! Silversmithing! Cold connections! Soldering! Precious Metal Clay! At least two of these things WILL BE DONE. And let’s not forget glass blowing; the local glass studio has one-night classes. Sounds groovy.
6. Go on a vacation – planning trips should help me keep focused on what’s important, my-budget-wise. I’m heading down to FL for a wedding later this year (Halloween, because awesome). I think I’ll tie in a trip to St. Simons Island, one of my absolute favorite places. Which means… ROAD TRIP Y’ALL! And let’s not forget day trips: Calvert Cliffs, Mount Vernon, Pennsylvania Amish Country (Intercourse, PA must be visited) and of course RenFest are all on my to-do list.
7. Help others – get back into a regular routine at BARCS. And maybe do more in my neighborhood. I’ve been wanting help with the community garden….
8. Get organized – this may be the most difficult, as I’m a slob right now. But that’s because I can’t seem to figure out how to do my preferred “a place for everything & everything in it’s place” thingy. All in good time, my pretties.
9. Write more. Write better – at least three times a week, for posting. (I’d say daily, but who am I kidding?) I’d like to pick a schedule, like M-W-F or T-Th-Su, but for now? Baby steps. First big idea? Updates on my progress with this list!
That’s it. It’s a lot, but hopefully doable.
Happy Wooden Horse Year!